As I was capturing the shot I noticed something even more hilarious than the misspelling itself — looking closer I saw that the mistaken “s” was actually painted over the original “c”. Someone somewhere saw the hand-painted sign and thought it was misspelled, then had the painter correct it. Can you imagine the conversation that took place?
“No, it’s sandwiches.”
“Absolutely not, it’s sandwishes.”
“Are you crazy? It’s definitely sandwiches.”
“What the hell do you know. Fix it!”
Perhaps someone was dreaming of the sandy beaches of Vietnam.
- Photo of the day: No breastfeeding May 8, 2009 | 36 comments
- Photo of the day: Unattended Kids April 2, 2009 | 1 comments
- Photo of the day: Brick wall behind glass March 10, 2009 | 5 comments
- Photo of the day: Floor seats January 15, 2010 | 1 comments
- Photo of the day: Support Counter Intelligence January 19, 2010 | 2 comments