I just loathe public misspellings. There’s something about the laziness of it all and total disregard for its intended “user” that really pisses me off.
Now I know this isn’t one of my clearest photos. I made the mistake of leaving the house without my camera, and when Orian spotted this I insisted he take a pic with his crappy camera phone (thanks, baby!).
This is the movie they were attempting to promote:
You may not be able to see it very well in the photo, but take my word for it — the ticker tape read:
THE HUANTING IN CONNECTICUT
They managed to spell Connecticut correctly (one of the most difficult to spell states, I might add), but not haunting?! As it was going around and around and around Union Square, I couldn’t help but think about the poor schmuck whose job it is to type in the movie titles and hit Send up to the big screen. It’s too bad whoever designed the system didn’t think to implement a spell-checker.
- Photo of the day: Nine wrong ways to swipe March 12, 2009 | 5 comments
- Photo of the day: Keep dog’s away February 22, 2009 | 6 comments
- Photo of the day: Warning! Guard Dogs February 26, 2009 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Street Lihgting March 4, 2009 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Bottom loading instructions May 7, 2009 | 7 comments
[…] saw this sign in the window of a local eatery and did a double take. I love collecting photos of misspelled signs, so I immediately took out my phone to snap a […]