Whitney guides human-centered business practices around the world — transforming process, communication, and culture. She shows individuals and organizations how to gain self-awareness, identify blind spots, overcome obstacles, and reach their true potential. As a result, they better serve their customers, their communities, and themselves.
After more than a decade of leadership in user experience, Whitney transitioned from consultant to coach to make an even greater impact. She is a Certified Integral Coach through New Ventures West and a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coach Federation. A two-time graduate of Carnegie Mellon University, Whitney holds a Master’s in Human-Computer Interaction and a Bachelor’s in Professional Writing and HCI. She writes on her blog Pleasure & Pain, co-hosts the podcast Designing Yourself, and speaks at conferences and corporations worldwide. She is featured on podcasts and in the press for her results.
Above all, Whitney lives and works in alignment with her values. Operating as a “not-just-for-profit,” a Public Benefit Corporation, and Certified B Corporation, Whitney is committed to using business as a force for good.
A native New Yorker, Whitney currently lives in Hell’s Kitchen with her partner Fredrick, after stints in the Florida Keys, San Diego, and Japan. They are in the early stages of planning their circumnavigation.
Timeline & Credentials
- Incorporated as Public Benefit Corporation (2018)
- Certified B Corporation by B Lab (2018)
- Facilitative Mediation training at New York Peace Institute (2017)
- Nonviolent Communication training at NY Intensive (2016-Present)
- Professional Certified Coach credentialed by the International Coach Federation (2015)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion training at UCSD Center for Mindfulness (2014-2015)
- Certified Integral Coach through New Ventures West (2013-2014)
- Certified Social & Emotional Intelligence Coach through the ISEI (2013)
- Launched Pleasure & Pain (2008)
- Established Limited Liability Company (2005)
- Master’s in Human-Computer Interaction from Carnegie Mellon University (2004)
- Bachelor’s in Professional Writing and HCI from Carnegie Mellon University (2004)
Style & Disposition
- Enneagram: 8 with a 7-wing
- Myers–Briggs: ENFJ
- Activator – one who gets things started
- Maximizer – one who pursues excellence
- Achiever – one who gets things done
- Arranger – one who orchestrates efficiently and flexibly
- Futuristic – one who has an eye towards the future to drive today’s success
Here for you
To explore working together, please reach out to Whitney at [email protected]