Since 2005, Whitney has instituted human-centered practices at hundreds of leading organizations — transforming process, communication, and culture. She shows leaders and their teams how to gain self-awareness, identify blind spots, overcome obstacles, and reach their true potential. As a result, they better serve their customers, their companies, their communities, and themselves.
Whitney writes on her blog Pleasure & Pain, co-hosts the podcast Designing Yourself, and speaks at conferences and corporations worldwide. She holds a Masters in Human-Computer Interaction from Carnegie Mellon University, and became a Certified Integral Coach through New Ventures West. She is a Professional Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation, and a professional member of the National Speakers Association.
Whitney and her partner Fredrick balance their time between a high-rise in NYC and a sailboat in San Diego.
Credentials and Methods
- Full-time coaching practice with 20-25 private clients concurrently, plus group programs
- Have coached more than 85 individuals and 15 teams (2013-Present)
- Pursuing candidacy to be a certified trainer in Nonviolent Communication (2016)
- Professional Certified Coach credentialed by the International Coach Federation (2015)
- Certified Integral Coach through New Ventures West (2013-2014)
- Certified Social & Emotional Intelligence Coach through the ISEI (2013)
- Received training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion at UCSD Center for Mindfulness (2014-2015)
- Masters in Human-Computer Interaction from Carnegie Mellon University (2004)
- Internationally-recognized user experience designer and speaker (2005-2015)
- Business owner (2005) and fully self-employed (2008)
- Empath and intuitive (1982)