Welcome! If it’s your first time here, you probably arrived via a link to a single post and may not have a full picture of the things I write about.
If you’re interested in learning more about me, here’s a selection of posts that can speak to my broader vision about user experience and my goals as a practitioner.
What’s below is just a sampling of posts I enjoyed writing and spurred some interesting conversations. You can comb through all 612 of them (this is my 613th!) in the “Also on Pleasure and Pain” section at the bottom of each page.
Please leave your thoughts in the comments on any post. I hope you enjoy — and come back soon, ya hear!
- So you wanna be a user experience designer — Step 1: Resources
- So you wanna be a user experience designer — Step 2: Guiding Principles
- The Project of a Lifetime
- The UX Design Process for the Boxee Beta
- Onboarding: A Sidebar in “Designing Social Interfaces”
- My Best Advice for Conducting User Interviews
- To gather together
- Domino’s Pizza: Be Inspired By Your Harshest Critics
- Your target market cannot be everyone
- How Little You Really Know
- A Hippocratic Oath for User Experience Designers
- Can Leadership Be Learned?
- Fulfilling My Dreams, and Saying No Along the Way
- FONC and the Impostor Syndrome
- Fire your worst customers
- Strategy Starts with Honesty
- What are you worth?
- Independently Employed? What’s Your Retirement Plan?
- The Plain Numbers about Women in Tech
- Why I Detest the Term “Lean UX”
- Best of the Last Two Years January 12, 2010 | 2 comments
- Pleasure and Pain in Other Languages July 24, 2010 | 1 comments
- Pleasure and Pain now on UX Magazine February 17, 2010 | 2 comments
- A Hippocratic Oath for User Experience Designers October 2, 2009 | 4 comments
- 5 Years of Pleasure and Pain January 10, 2013 | 3 comments