Their events have a unique format. As Graham describes it, “The first hour is ‘introductions by elevator pitch’ where people give a 60-second overview of their startup with their website projected on the screen behind them.” Then they break for food and networking, and then come back together for the panel, which lasts about an hour. The event is followed by more networking at a nearby bar.
Recent panel topics have been: Twitter-based business models, bootstrapping, monetizing online video, and employment-based business models. Naturally the topic for which I’ve been invited is user experience, in particular how companies with tight budgets and limited resources can incorporate UX activities into their practice — well named Ultra Light User Experience.
I’m excited to be sharing the stage with:
- Alex Kirtland, Partner at UsableMarkets LLC
- Karen McGrane, Senior Partner at Bond Art + Science
- David Sansone, Director of User Experience at TBWA \ NY
The panel will be moderated by Allen Ackerman, Founder and CEO of A-List Placement and The Hire Syndicate.
I highly encourage any entrepreneurs in New York City to attend what I think will be an amazing event.
Read more about Ultra Light User Experience, and please sign up. I hope to see you there!
- My DIY UX talk is featured in InformationWeek August 24, 2009 | 1 comments
- More than 600 people attend boxee NYC meetup March 25, 2009 | 1 comments
- NY Tech Meetup — March 2011 March 3, 2011 | 0 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 21 December 15, 2010 | 0 comments
- Designing the Company, Not the Product August 15, 2012 | 4 comments