It’s quite overdue, but this blog is now optimized to be viewed in a mobile browser. Many thanks to Ben Seven for giving me the kick in the ass I needed to get it done:
Are you allowed to call yourself a User Experience designer if you don’t care about the user experience of your own blog on handheld devices? I tried reading this article on the bus home having seen it retweeted, and enjoyed the delicious irony of it not being particularly web friendly. Just saying – UX suffers from the same thing my profession does – people calling themselves designers with no real expertise, qualification or questioning from clients – but it’s strange to be concerned about the experience of computer interaction and not catch up with the boom in mobile web browsing on your own platform!
I confess to having a case of “the cobbler’s children have no shoes.” I think some of the busiest practitioners have the crappiest websites because we’re so busy fixing other people’s problems. But it’s no excuse. I need to do a major website redesign pronto.
But hey, now you can at least read this on mobile! Please leave a comment if you are right now.
- Formatting my blog for the iPhone March 1, 2008 | 4 comments
- OpenTable has a brain. Does your product? December 1, 2010 | 5 comments
- Catching Up on Pleasure and Pain June 30, 2011 | 0 comments
- 5 Years of Pleasure and Pain January 10, 2013 | 3 comments
- Photo of the day: A man in need of an iPad June 11, 2010 | 3 comments