A few months ago I was walking down the street in TriBeCa and noticed this amazing poster in a window on Hudson Street. I didn’t have my camera with me so I sent a triptych-tweet with the words instead.
If you give me a fish you have fed me for a day.
If you teach me to fish then you have fed me until the river is contaminated or the shoreline seized for development.
But if you teach me to organize then whatever the challenge I can join together with my peers and and we will fashion our own solution.
I found this quote so inspiring and it stuck in my mind. The other day I happened to pass by it again and had my camera this time. Now I can share it with you.
I did a little Googling and found that the artist is Ricardo Levins Morales. A clearer image of the poster is on his site. I plan to purchase the poster to hang above my desk as a reminder that I can’t change the world alone.
I hope you enjoy this.
- Photo of the day: Unattended Kids April 2, 2009 | 1 comments
- Photo of the day: You Can’t Un-Shit a First Impression March 2, 2009 | 4 comments
- Photo of the day: Warning! Guard Dogs February 26, 2009 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Street Lihgting March 4, 2009 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: A Restroom on a Mission February 19, 2010 | 2 comments