I am happy to announce that starting today, some of my posts on this here blog will be syndicated to UX Magazine.
UX Magazine is an online publication for user experience professionals that was founded in 2006 and was nominated for a Webby in 2007. In their words:
Every month we combine original articles with the best from blogs and online media to deliver an online magazine that covers the best new thinking on design, strategy, technology, and common sense.
Tiffany Airres, the magazine’s Project & Content Manager, reached out to me recently about syndicating some of my content from Pleasure and Pain. I did a poll of my Twitter followers to get a feel for who’s reading it, and 39 people said that they do — more than enough to convince me that it would be a worthwhile effort.
I then worked with Managing Editor Jonathan Anderson to identify which of my pieces would be best for syndication. We chose a few and the first one went live today:
This piece was originally published as a sidebar in Designing Social Interfaces by Christian Crumlish and Erin Malone. They graciously permitted me to republish the piece on my blog, and now it is up on UX Magazine. Not only do I hope the article will be helpful to people, but it’s an honor to be able to promote their book at the same time.
Just a short while after it was published, the article was picked up by Smashing Magazine:
Hopefully that will drive a lot of traffic to UX Magazine and further spread the word about Erin and Christian’s awesome book.
I’m looking forward to future collaborations with UX Magazine and thank them very much for their interest in my work.
- Catching Up on Pleasure and Pain June 30, 2011 | 0 comments
- Onboarding: A Sidebar in “Designing Social Interfaces” October 6, 2009 | 23 comments
- My Top 10 User Experience Blogs to Watch in 2010 on Blogs.com February 26, 2010 | 4 comments
- Fulfilling My Dreams, and Saying No Along the Way August 3, 2010 | 33 comments
- ReadWriteWeb on my Boxee beta UX process, and other thoughts January 29, 2010 | 4 comments