I’ve been riding Amtrak a lot lately, and I’ve seen a lot of businesspeople with their laptops and USB modems and BlackBerrys and bluetooth headsets. That has become the norm, even among the baby boomers. So much so that I had to do a double-take when I saw this sweet guy kickin’ it old school:
First I noticed his attaché case. Then his oversized calculator. Then his cufflinks and his bow tie. At first I thought he must be a professor — who else would be in this costume? But as I looked closer I saw that he was working on some financial documents, maybe tax forms.
I admired his style, and I quietly snapped a pic. In the always-connected, overwrought world we live in, it’s a breath of fresh air to see someone doing things the simple way… and probably getting it done a lot more peacefully.
- Photo of the day: Cigarette vending machine May 12, 2009 | 10 comments
- Photo of the day: Warning! Guard Dogs February 26, 2009 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Elvis had cheap gas May 11, 2009 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Penn Station, Charging Station February 22, 2010 | 5 comments
- Photo of the day: Elevator in Use By Peabody Ducks May 15, 2009 | 1 comments