Inside the bar at the Beekman Arms Inn in Rhinebeck, NY, we found this list of ferry rates between Newburgh and Fishkill from May 24, 1743. Notice the stuff that people were bringing aboard with them — horse or beast, calf or hogg [sic], sheep or lamb, pail of butter, bushell [sic] of salt or grain. What an amazing artifact!
- Photo of the day: You must be in one of the first five cars May 14, 2009 | 9 comments
- Photo of the day: Back in 30 minutes June 15, 2010 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY January 20, 2010 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Hebrew elevator February 23, 2009 | 13 comments
- Photo of the day: Street Lihgting March 4, 2009 | 2 comments