Orian and I stayed at the Seaport Hotel in Boston a few weekends ago. After getting out of the shower I noticed that a portion of the mirror was somehow not fogged up! At first I thought it was a happy accident, but then I realized that couldn’t be and gasped at the genius of it. Orian had the idea of touching the fog-free area and discovered that, as he suspected, it was heated from behind.
Truly an amazing and unforgettable bathroom feature. I imagine this isn’t entirely inexpensive to maintain, but it completely transforms the experience for the guest. Beyond being extremely useful, it shows that the hotel understands my needs and wants to address a common and widely familiar problem that everyone just accepts. That they don’t says a lot about how seriously they take customer service. They deserve the recognition — and repeat business.
- Photo of the day: Do Not Disturb January 25, 2010 | 3 comments
- Photo of the day: Accommodating large parties May 13, 2009 | 8 comments
- Photo of the day: Bags on Board February 23, 2010 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Trash Can Copywriting February 17, 2010 | 4 comments
- Photo of the day: The Non-Intersection of Duane and Reade February 16, 2010 | 2 comments