Wendy Taylor, editor of Six Apart‘s Blogs.com, recently got in touch to see if I’d be interested in being a guest author to create a list of the 10 Best User Experience Design Blogs. Of course I jumped at the chance.
Mindful of this honor and opportunity, I was very careful about the blogs that I decided to choose for the list. Of all of the great blogs out there on user experience, the 10 I chose made the cut because of their focus, depth, diversity, frequency of posting, and influence they’ve had on my thinking and my work. Some are well known and widely read, while others are more covert and deserve greater attention.
My Guest Top 10 is now live, and I really hope folks will find it valuable.
Here are my favorite UX blogs in alphabetic order:
- Bokardo – Social Design by Joshua Porter
For everything you need to consider when designing socially-focused stuff
- Brain Sparks by User Interface Engineering (UIE)
Inside the brilliant minds of user research pioneer Jared Spool and his team
- Design for Service by Jeff Howard
Insights into all the ways companies need to be communicating with their customers, outside of their websites
- Disambiguity by Leisa Reichelt
The ins and outs of designing a product with an existing, and passionate, community
- EverydayUX by Alex Rainert
A fresh look at the world around us through UX-tinted glasses
- Graphpaper by Christopher Fahey
Critical analysis of some of the toughest issues facing UX designers today
- inspireUX by Catriona Cornett
Cubical-wall worthy quotations from a variety of practitioners on how and why to create positive user experiences
- Konigi by Michael Angeles
Tips, tools and techniques for being a better user experience designer
- Logic + Emotion by David Armano
Reusable visualizations and valuable synthesis at the intersection of user experience design, marketing and business
- Putting People First by Experientia
A great resource for all things UX from around the globe
Did I miss one of your favorite blogs? Feel free to tell me about it in the comments!
- My Top 10 User Experience Blogs to Watch in 2010 on Blogs.com February 26, 2010 | 4 comments
- Make sure that whatever you design is fitting a need in the world and has a purpose August 2, 2009 | 1 comments
- Advergirl gives props to Pleasure and Pain May 20, 2008 | 1 comments
- 10 Most Common Misconceptions About User Experience Design January 10, 2009 | 14 comments
- Follow-up to “You’re not a user experience designer if…” June 7, 2011 | 8 comments