In this videocast, I talk with Whitney Hess at the STC Summit in Dallas about her perspective on old guard versus new guard mentality, or in other words, the traditional offline, change-resistant mentality versus the web-savvy, social-media-saturated mindset more common with the younger generation. Whitney Hess is a user experience design consultant from New York City who was invited to speak at the Summit this year.
I didn’t know ahead of time what he would be asking me, and okay, I was already a couple beers in. But I greatly enjoyed his questions and, rewatching the video now, I’m remarkably proud of my responses. Watch the full interview below:
Many thanks for Tom for his kindness and for allowing me to finally share these ideas that have been percolating for some time.
- Reaching outside the UX tribe at STC’s Technical Communication Summit May 10, 2010 | 3 comments
- IA Summit 2009: A functional family reunion March 29, 2009 | 2 comments
- I was asked to join the IAI Board of Advisors November 17, 2008 | 6 comments
- The Purpose of a Business is to Create a Customer August 13, 2012 | 4 comments
- I’m running for the 2008 Information Architecture Institute board of directors September 6, 2008 | 9 comments