In thinking about my upcoming travel schedule, the classic French adventure novel Around the World in 80 Days (Le tour du monde en 80 jours) popped into my head.
Then I quickly looked at the calendar and counted the days – exactly 80 days from today.
I have a few upcoming speaking engagements, a couple weddings, and a couple awesome personal trips planned.
If you live in any of these cities or are going to be at these events, I’d love to grab a local beer with you when I’m in town. Just make sure to let me know in the comments or on Twitter @whitneyhess.
Not speakin, just chillin
Childhood friend’s wedding
San Francisco, CA
IA Summit 2010
Giving the closing plenary
CMU Spring Carnival
April 29-May 1
Family friend’s wedding
STC Technical Communication Summit ’10
Presenting “10 Most Common Misconceptions About UX Design” and “Evangelizing Yourself”
Giving a workshop titled “Creating a Culture of UX”
And that completes my 80 days. I’m not exactly circumventing the globe, but it’s quite enough for me.
I should mention that on top of everything I’m moving to a new apartment in April. And of course I’ll be doing client work that whole time as well.
Oh, life is swell. Now you get why I need that beer?
- Where is Whitney in 2011? March 3, 2011 | 2 comments
- Six Cities in Sixty Days April 17, 2012 | 2 comments
- Reaching outside the UX tribe at STC’s Technical Communication Summit May 10, 2010 | 3 comments
- I’m Speaking at Pittsburgh Web Design Day March 13, 2009 | 3 comments
- 10 Most Common Misconceptions About User Experience Design — the presentation April 6, 2009 | 1 comments