When I went to Pittsburgh in October for Carnegie Mellon Homecoming to see the reunion of my friend Joanna‘s band, I had the pleasure of finally meeting my Twitter pal G. Jason Head.
Jason is a front-end web developer and runs Refresh Pittsburgh. He’s also putting together the first-ever Pittsburgh Web Design Day — “a one-day, local web design conference to highlight local talent as well as those with strong ties to Pittsburgh who have gone on to be leaders in our industry.”
I’m pleased to announce that Jason has asked me to speak at the event. I’ll be giving a presentation version of my Mashable article, “10 Most Common Misconceptions About User Experience Design.” I’m really excited to discuss the topic in a small setting with designers, developers, business analysts and other web professionals. Since I’m flying in that morning, I’ll be the last session of the day. Pressure!
Other cool speakers are Geoff Barnes, Christopher Cashdollar (of Happy Cog), Val Head, Jason Robb, Josh Sager, and Samantha Warren.
I’ll be in Pittsburgh for the weekend and would love to hang out with anyone who’s around. Just @ me on Twitter or email anytime.
Thanks to Jason and the Refresh Pittsburgh team for including me in this special event. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
- 10 Most Common Misconceptions About User Experience Design — the presentation April 6, 2009 | 1 comments
- I’ll be speaking at An Event Apart 2009 January 3, 2009 | 5 comments
- I’ll be speaking at IA Summit 2009 in Memphis February 4, 2009 | 3 comments
- Reaching outside the UX tribe at STC’s Technical Communication Summit May 10, 2010 | 3 comments
- My Creating a Culture of UX workshop at UX London May 28, 2010 | 2 comments
I think I musted have @'ed you on twitter about 100 times!!! I'm really excited to see you present and would love to hang!
miami website design says