In the spirit of sharing responses to Twitter questions (see last post on business cards), I wanted to post the list of resources that were sent to me when I asked the following question:
I’m working on a project that will probably need to show trend data and since I’m beginning to work on the wireframes, I wanted some inspiration. These links are highly varied and wildly interesting stuff. Take a look for yourself, and feel free to add other links in the comments.
Fox News Election Map
Search results for “data visualization” on Delicious
My Mile Marker
@alexlines’s data viz bookmarks
@apolaine’s visualization bookmarks
Data viz article in Smashing Magazine
Kottke’s election maps
New York Times’ election results maps
A Periodic Table of Visualization Methods
It would take too much time to go back and match responses to people, so I hope a general THANK YOU to these folks will suffice:
@kkinlen, @mptado, @alexlines, @semanticwill, @mdbraber, @apolaine, @mikepratt, @aapjerockdt, @tipjoy, @tdeletto, @BryanFromBoston, @SpE_NYC, @tikkers, and @AmyCueva.
I’m sorry if I missed anyone.
[And thanks to @meredi for inspiring the post!]
- Twitter as group therapy May 1, 2009 | 6 comments
- Business Cards and Twitter November 12, 2008 | 2 comments
- Using Twitter for Friend Advice January 14, 2010 | 3 comments
- Twitter finally integrates Twitter Search a.k.a. Summize March 5, 2009 | 3 comments
- 10 best Twitterers to follow for your soul, not your career March 19, 2011 | 7 comments