Thanks to everyone who came out to the Tweetup at d.b.a. last night in the East Village. The weather was tentative, but more than 20 people showed. We snagged a great table in the corner of the patio — which is airy, but covered — and sipped on Sixpoint Brownstone, Chimay and Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout. Their draughts change daily, and the list of bottles is incredible.
Just wanted to give a shout-out to everyone who joined us, starting with the only two to make it from last time.
- @efortiz: Eduardo Ortiz, interaction designer and IA at IconNicholson
- @robertmurray: Robert Murray, senior Flash programmer at CreateTheGroup
And the first-timers, but hopefully not last-timers:
- @mknell: Matt Knell, senior product development manager at MTV Networks (Flux.com in particular)
- @sedgewick: Stefan Day, independent web-video editor
- @snerko: Dan Rollman, freelance copywriter/creative director and co-founder of the Universal Record Database
- @brett: Brett Petersel, East Coast director of events and sponsorships at Mashable and co-founder of NextWeb New York
- @chrissieb: Chrissie Brodigan, independent social media product manager
- @ceonyc: Charlie O’Donnell, co-founder and CEO at Path 101
- @tonybgoode, Tony Bacigalupo, product manager, coworking advocate and founder of New Work City
- @tlimongello, Tom Limongello, sales director at Crisp Wireless
- @rebeccaforever: Rebecca Schlachter, business analyst at AMI Partners (she starts today!)
- @webmetricsguru: Marshall Sponder, senior web analyst at Monster.com
- @gregory: Gregory Galant, founder of News Groper and Venture Voice
- @brandenw: Branden Wermers, video production/Flash/design at CreateTheGroup
- @sanford: Sanford Dickert, founder of Rawlings Atlantic, adjunct professor at Cooper Union and member of CooperBricolage with Tony B
- @chrispalle: Chris Pallé, IA/UX at Behavior
- @milewis: Mike Lewis, web product manager and founder of Swarrm.com
And apparently naterkane was there, but he somehow managed not to see me. There were only three women there, was I really that hard to find?! Next time, try harder!
Please let me know if I missed anyone else.
I also want to thank my friends Sasha and Gina, not Twitterers or technologists of any kind (they’re getting their PhDs in Clinical Psychology at City College!). They were great sports for putting up with the geeks and hopefully learned something interesting while they were there.
The amazing beer selection at d.b.a.Stolen from underwaterbeach on Flickr
- Tweetup Success May 9, 2008 | 6 comments
- NY Tech Meetup — April 2008 April 2, 2008 | 2 comments
- Twitter Blocks March 1, 2008 | 2 comments
- Nate Westheimer is the next organizer of NY Tech Meetup December 12, 2008 | 2 comments
- Philly Tweetup 08/27/08 August 31, 2008 | 5 comments
Tony Bacigalupo says
Thanks for organizing the Tweetup Whitney! Awesome times all around!
Marshall Sponder says
Thanks for the Tweetup last night .. I posted my video up on Webmetricsguru.com last night too, before collapsing into bed.
Here’s the url http://www.webmetricsguru.com/2008/05/tweetup_in_the_east_village_db.html
Nater Kane says
When I got there I thought that were was only one table with six people still around! I’m sorry!
thanks for setting it all up–let’s do another one soon (lemme know if you want some help).