Last night was the second NYC Tweetup that I helped to organize. The first was a couple weeks ago at the 79th Street Boat Basin. It was a lovely evening, but only five people showed (@efortiz, @hikirsch, @webmetricsguru, @ewphoto and @coreyh). All great people and I thank them for trekking all the way west!
Eduardo wanted to do it again and attract a bigger crowd, so we planned further in advance this time. I suggested Zum Schneider because it’s a fun scene, kinda out of the way, and the beer and food are fantastic. Who doesn’t love a Bavarian beer garden with mugs the size of your head?!
About 20 people showed, and unfortunately we weren’t able to all sit together. It was such a rocking crowd, and though many no-shows were sorely missed, we had a blast. I was thrilled to meet some folks who I’ve been conversing with on Twitter for a while, as well as a few others who had found out about the Tweetup that day. The power of the Internet never fails to amaze me. And for anyone who thinks that Twitter is just for nerds who just wanna live on their computers, come to the next Tweetup and find out that you’re wrong.
Just wanna give a shout out to everyone who was there. If I missed someone, please let me know in the comments.
- @angrygirlfriend: Victoria Iacobazzo, PR associate at Burson-Marsteller
- @mikegermano: Mike Germano, creative director at Carrot Creative
- @mikepratt: Michael Pratt, COO/CTO of Gift Girl
- @efortiz: Eduardo Ortiz, interaction designer and IA at IconNicholson
- @robertmurray: Robert Murray, senior Flash programmer at CreateTheGroup
- @tmarman: Tim Marman, co-founder and CTO at Notches
- @coreyh: Corey Henderson, co-founder and CEO at Notches
- @francine: Francine Ricchi, director of program planning at Bravo/NBC
- @gigglynyc: John Sanchez, copyeditor at McKinsey
- @hikirsch: Adam Kirschner, interface engineer at IconNicholson
- @steketee: Paul Steketee, interactive management director at Saatchi & Saatchi
- @mikemookie: Mike Maurillo, management supervisor at Publicis Modem & Dialog and soon to be director of strategy at IconNicholson
- @zarzecks: Matt Zarzecki, senior director of design and user experience at CafeMom
- @yoni: Jonathan Knoll, user experience and development consultant currently at IconNicholson
- @chrispetescia: Chris Petescia, co-founder and director of art & design at Carrot Creative
Also there but didn’t meet:
- @alexlines: Alex Lines, co-founder and CTO at Path 101
- @ilike4: Ralph Serzo, network engineer at Primary Support Solutions