User Experience is a commitment to developing products and services with purpose, compassion, and integrity. It is the never-ending process of seeing the world from the customers’ perspective and working to improve the quality of their lives. It is the never-ending process of maintaining the health of the business and finding new ways to help it grow sustainably. It is the perfect balance between making money and making meaning.
The user experience practitioner is neither sage nor saint; it is not their role to have all the answers to life’s questions or to advocate for altruism in a capitalist society. They are simply the facilitators of a more collaborative, transparent way of operating in business today — breaking down the walls between silos and bringing the customer into the boardroom.
User Experience is the responsibility of every member of the organization; it is a central philosophy, shared principles. It is not a series of activities and deliverables to perform, but an enlightened way of being.
UX is mindfulness.
- Who Do We Think We Are? April 10, 2014 | 1 comments
- Email is People June 3, 2013 | 33 comments
- Awakening to Buddhism February 24, 2014 | 7 comments
- Where Compassion is Born February 20, 2014 | 1 comments
- Where in the World is Whitney? San Diego January 15, 2014 | 6 comments