My life never ceases to amaze me, and this is certainly one of those times. I am going half way around the world to share my message on designing with principles and creating a culture of user experience within your organization. It’s an honor and a privilege, and it wouldn’t be happening without Dan Szuc and Jo Wong of Apogee HK. They are leaders in the Asian UX community and I absolutely cannot wait to be immersed in the practice and profession on the other side of the globe.
Dan recently interviewed me on my career trajectory and my philosophy behind my work, and it is now featured in a 19-minute audio recording on Johnny Holland. His friendship and encouragement (from 8,000 miles away) mean so much me.
The world is a very big place and this is the furthest away from home that I have ever traveled. I am honestly a bit scared, for the 16-hour flight, for the culture shock, for all the unknowns. But the further I go and the more I see, the more I’m comforted to find that we all want the same things — happiness, fulfillment, ethical treatment of others, pleasure and lots of surprises.
I look forward to sharing my adventures with you. Be sure to follow @whitneyhess for observations whenever I find some wifi :)
Happy Valentine’s Day and be thankful for the love that’s all around us.
Míng tiān jiàn. 明天見
- I wish I were going to UX Hong Kong! December 15, 2010 | 3 comments
- Six Cities in Sixty Days April 17, 2012 | 2 comments
- My presentation at IA Summit 2009: “Evangelizing Yourself” March 29, 2009 | 6 comments
- 10 Most Common Misconceptions About User Experience Design — the presentation April 6, 2009 | 1 comments
- I’ll be speaking at IA Summit 2009 in Memphis February 4, 2009 | 3 comments