As you may have read on Wednesday, I bought a book through Amazon’s new service TextBuyIt. I was really impressed by the user flow and was able to buy the book I was looking for in about two minutes.
Even more incredible is that the book showed up at my house yesterday morning, just two days after I made the purchase — even though TextBuyIt automatically chooses Standard Shipping, a window of 3-5 business days. It was the edition I wanted (hardcover, the book also comes in paperback), so I have to assume that TextBuyIt chooses the most popular edition.
Purple Cow is now happily sitting my bookshelf. It’s possible I won’t use the Amazon website much anymore.
- Text message your order to Amazon April 2, 2008 | 9 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 13 August 17, 2010 | 0 comments
- Skitch! January 21, 2008 | 7 comments
- My 10 Favorite Tools of 2010 December 13, 2010 | 5 comments
- My UX Bookshelf on Flashlight Worthy Books November 24, 2008 | 1 comments