As you may have read on Wednesday, I bought a book through Amazon’s new service TextBuyIt. I was really impressed by the user flow and was able to buy the book I was looking for in about two minutes.
Even more incredible is that the book showed up at my house yesterday morning, just two days after I made the purchase — even though TextBuyIt automatically chooses Standard Shipping, a window of 3-5 business days. It was the edition I wanted (hardcover, the book also comes in paperback), so I have to assume that TextBuyIt chooses the most popular edition.
Purple Cow is now happily sitting my bookshelf. It’s possible I won’t use the Amazon website much anymore.
- My 10 Favorite Tools of 2010 December 13, 2010 | 5 comments
- A Book Apart: Empowering Fuzzy Teams in 100 Pages or Less November 2, 2010 | 1 comments
- I am a stencil March 6, 2011 | 2 comments
- OpenTable has a brain. Does your product? December 1, 2010 | 5 comments
- Etiquette isn’t dead March 1, 2011 | 3 comments