As the user experience designer on the project, I had the immense pleasure of working alongside visual designer Mike Pick, front-end developer Tim Murtaugh, project manager Robb Rice, and executive creative director Jeffrey Zeldman.
With an abbreviated timeline, the project didn’t call for extensive user research or usability testing, and I needed to be strategic about how to re-architect the immense amount of content (from the print magazine and online-only) that’s partially accessible to all visitors, partially accessible to print mag subscribers, and partly accessible to online subscribers.
- define the business and project goals
- identify the target audiences
- brainstorm the key use case scenarios
- prioritize features for the redesign.
I was able to gather a staggering amount of intel in a seriously condensed period of time that served me well throughout wireframe development.
The team at Scientific American and Nature Publishing Group were extremely generous with their time and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to collaborate with them.
- The UX Design Process for the Boxee Beta January 27, 2010 | 33 comments
- The User Experience Process for the Seamless iPad App February 25, 2013 | 11 comments
- Client Matters: Ironclad Contracts: Tougher Than a Pinky Swear February 8, 2010 | 1 comments
- Client Matters: Needs + Resources + Location + Schedule + Budget = Scope February 8, 2010 | 1 comments
- Redesigning the boxee experience December 18, 2008 | 21 comments