Thank you so much to the 35 people who showed up for the tenth week of Whit Hour — my weekly one-hour video chat to answer any and all of your questions about user experience, consulting, and whatever else you throw at me.
Tune in every Monday night from 10-11pm Eastern Time at http://www.justin.tv/whitneyhess.
Whit Hour – Week 10
July 5, 2010, from 10-11pm ET
Watch live video from Whit Hour on Justin.tv
(I get going around 4:10)
This Week’s Beer
QUESTIONS ASKED AND (HOPEFULLY) ANSWERED
- What’s a project you’ve done recently that was challenging for you and what did you come up with to solve the problem?
- Is Foo Camp only for web dev?
- I’ve been trying to include my iPad in my everyday work as an IxD. How have you been using yours the most?
- New to UX here. Would you say most web businesses have developers, designers, and project managers? How do you describe to that team how ux designers fit into that structure?
- How often do you continue your relationships so you can continue with an iterative process?
- Can you share some thoughts about designing Apps / sites focusing the mobile market (IOS, Android devices, etc…)?
- What’s the update on your work on the Holocaust Museum project?
- Have you gotten Stephen Anderson’s Mental Notes card set yet?
- Any advice on what tech writers in large software companies, particularly those that aren’t known for great design processes, can do to insert themselves into design conversations?
- When you need to create a complicated user flow, how do you go about doing it efficiently? In terms of thought process and workflow process, do you have any time saving tips?
- As a consultant, do you see the potential for IP conflict with companies you work for when applying similar solutions to problems?
- Does it help to have programming knowledge for consulting work? Like Java, CSS, etc.
- When are you hiring an assistant?
- You tweeted the possibility of your own UX workshop a few days back, any updates on that?
- Staying creative vs. keeping with technology: which do you find more difficult?
- What about Learning Annex [for your UX workshops]?
- How and when did you know that UX was for you?
- How does your design practice differ in context where there is little current practice to refer to, e.g. in orgs where people work very independently and you want to create more collaboration?
Full Text Chat
Eesh, I lost it! Sorry, guys.
JOIN ME NEXT WEEK
Monday, July 12, 10-11pm Eastern Time at http://www.justin.tv/whitneyhess, and bring your questions!
- Whit Hour – Week 6 September 21, 2009 | 0 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 4 August 26, 2009 | 5 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 12 August 3, 2010 | 0 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 18 October 11, 2010 | 1 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 15 August 31, 2010 | 0 comments