On June 28, 2009, the New York City MTA increased the rates for subway and bus rides.
Apparently the ticket agent who dutifully wrote this sign is unaware of the one-currency-symbol-per-value rule.
Is the new fare 2.25 dollars or 2.25 cents? A smart, frugal person might have recourse to argue the latter.
- Photo of the day: You must be in one of the first five cars May 14, 2009 | 8 comments
- Photo of the day: Nine wrong ways to swipe March 12, 2009 | 5 comments
- Photo of the day: The Non-Intersection of Duane and Reade February 16, 2010 | 2 comments
- Photo of the day: Be aware of glass door!!! July 2, 2009 | 4 comments
- Photo of the day: Back in 30 minutes June 15, 2010 | 2 comments
Mikkel Michelsen says
Great find! There are other subtle amusing details of this image. The low-tech-ness. CaPS mIxinG. Heavy underlining. Why “new fare”?
I like the hatching at the very top, and that possessive container too.