Are you going to IDEA2009? I am! And I want to meet you there.
What follows is everything you need to know about the conference. I’m on the board of advisors for the Information Architecture Institute and have the utmost respect for the amazing folks who’ve put their blood, sweat and tears into organizing this year’s conference. It’s my pleasure to post the boilerplate here for you to read in case you haven’t seen the information on other sites and blogs.
IDEA2009 runs September 15 and 16 in Toronto where the world’s foremost thinkers and practitioners will gather: sharing the big ideas that inspire, and practical solutions that improve the way people’s lives converge with technology.
Whether you’re a designer, strategist, writer, UX professional, IA, or working in anything interactive, you should attend IDEA2009.
Create the future now
You see it at Starbucks. People gather, but they don’t talk with each other. They communicate with their networked public. Facebook could be considered the fourth largest country in the world, yet it’s dwarfed by the over 300 million Chinese who use Qzone.
IDEA2009 explores how to design these pervasive experiences. From the psychology to create more loyal users, to the design strategies and practices that bridge the physical and virtual world. This new world is already becoming a reality for your clients, employers, and customers.
Speakers you need to see
Social and experience design isn’t your typical design issue. IDEA2009 gathers leaders from a multitude of disciplines and perspectives to provide inspiration and practical takeaways on creating valuable experiences. Some of the speakers include:
- Jeff Dachis – CEO, Dachis Group, cofounder of Razorfish
- Christina Wodtke – Principal Instigator at LinkedIn
- Mary Newsom – Associate Editor, Charlotte Observer
- Michael Fassnacht – Executive Vice President, Worldwide Chief Strategy Officer, Draftfcb
- Christian Crumlish– Curator, Yahoo! Design Pattern Library (and coauthor the forthcoming Designing Social Interfaces)
- Luke Wroblewski – Director, Product Ideation & Design, Yahoo! Inc.
- Stephen P. Anderson – Product Strategy and Design Consultant
- Leisa Reichelt – Design Researcher & User Experience Designer working with Drupal’s open source community on Drupal 7
- Thomas Malaby – Associate Professor of Anthropology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Erin Malone – Principal, Tangible UX (and coauthor the forthcoming Designing Social Interfaces)
Beyond the speakers, many of today’s brightest minds are attending and sharing what they know. In the intimate setting of the MaRS Innovation Centre, you’ll have the opportunity to exchange ideas and connect with leading practitioners from across the world.
Built for today’s economy
IDEA2009 presents the greatest combination of accessible industry leaders, valuable topics, and companies looking for professionals in the social and experience design space. You can talk directly to representatives from Critical Mass, Mad*Pow, Sapient, Usability Matters, Rosenfeld Media, and more.
All the information you need to know about the program, speakers, and sponsors can be found at the IDEA2009 conference site. Hope to see you there!
- IDEA 2009: Social and Experience Design – Day 2 September 17, 2009 | 1 comments
- IDEA2008: Cross-disciplinary Design Conference, Chicago, IL, October 7-8 September 3, 2008 | 3 comments
- IDEA 2009: Social and Experience Design – Day 1 September 15, 2009 | 2 comments
- Hanging out at IxDA’s Interaction09 February 6, 2009 | 5 comments
- IxDA Interaction 09: Day 3 February 17, 2009 | 1 comments