I’m honored to have been featured in the latest episode of Off Book, a documentary series by PBS, alongside greats Jeffrey Zeldman and Jason Santa Maria. Titled The Art of Web Design, the video gives a high-level overview of how the web is made and how it has evolved. Not surprisingly, I focused on why it’s important to keep your users at the center of every design decision you make.
It’s never easy to succinctly explain such a complex topic, and depth must be sacrificed for clarity. We shot almost an hour’s worth of footage, which was edited down to less than 2 minutes. While I don’t think I was my most eloquent, that has everything to do with me being nervous and long-winded, and nothing to do with their editing.
Thank you to the team at Kornhaber Brown who conducted the interviews and produced the video for PBS. I am delighted and grateful that they chose to include me.
I hope you’ll find it a useful tool to share with others to better highlight the complexities of what we do.
- 10 Most Common Misconceptions About User Experience Design — the presentation April 6, 2009 | 1 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 18 October 11, 2010 | 1 comments
- I’ll be speaking at An Event Apart 2009 January 3, 2009 | 5 comments
- Design Principles: The Philosophy of UX May 4, 2011 | 11 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 10 July 6, 2010 | 0 comments