To lead your agency in becoming more of a strategic partner to your clients, enabling everyone to do their best work.
- You will offer your innate gifts to meet critical organizational needs.
- You will learn new methods that adapt your creative skills to a more technical environment.
- You will develop junior staff through mentoring and coaching.
- You will guide your team to create work you’re all proud of and want to share with the world.
- You will act in service of a greater good.
Your Current Narrative:
I am the black sheep. I am the odd one out. Different and divergent from the norm, I feel judged by the other members of my herd. I am unappreciated and undervalued. Why can’t I be accepted for who I am and what I have to offer? I just want to fit in.
A New Narrative:
I am a migratory bird. I am part of a flock. We fly in v-formation over long journeys, taking turns out front. We find our way using our mental maps and cues from the world around us. We move with the seasons, always in search of the greatest resources. We thrive together.
Exercises and Practices:
- Designing a design organization
- Defining the problem first
- Measuring success
- Improving communication up, down, and across
- Prioritizing and popularizing self-care