Every day I learn something new about the work I do. Today, while staring at the ocean, I realized something that moved me.
I help leaders to manage their energy and be a force for good.
Society tries to teach us that nature doesn’t exist; because for its survival, it needs us to care more about it than about each other. It is a mutualistic parasite. It hurts us, but we can’t live without it.
This is the universal nature of suffering. We’re all in it together. But we individually have the power to choose (at least somewhat) where to direct our energies — whether to be a force for evil or for good.
I believe our purpose in life (and, by extension, in business) is to learn how to behave with both wisdom and compassion, to choose our actions wisely. To use our energies as a force for progress and connection.
It’s tough to do both simultaneously, but it’s possible. I witness it every day in my clients. I strive for it every day in my partnership. Forward and together are not opposing forces; they’re synergistic. And when combined, they can and do counterbalance the weight of hate.
- My 2014 Annual Report — My Best Year Ever December 31, 2014 | 9 comments
- Interesting conversations I had this week January 23, 2020 | 2 comments
- Celebrating 15 Years in Business August 3, 2020 | 0 comments
- Designing Yourself July 17, 2013 | 6 comments
- On Losing a Teacher: Remembering Christy Svanemyr October 3, 2013 | 1 comments