I am so excited to be one of the bakers over at The Pastry Box Project for 2014. The collection of authors is astounding and I’m very grateful to be among them. I’ll be published on the 10th of every month, so keep your eyes peeled.
For my first piece, My Year to Live, I wrote about my fear of death and my New Year’s resolution to overcome it.
As with all kinds of fear, regardless of what, there’s a fixation on the future. What might happen and how it will make us feel. All the what-ifs flood in. We spend so much time conjuring up the future, we actually cause ourselves the pain we’re so desperately afraid of. We end up living in our imaginations and not in the real world that surrounds us, the safe and comfortable present tense.
[Read the full post at The Pastry Box Project]
- I Love Fear February 5, 2014 | 0 comments
- Confidence on the Inside February 11, 2014 | 1 comments
- I am a Writer February 17, 2014 | 0 comments
- Happy New Year to You January 5, 2010 | 1 comments
- On Losing a Teacher: Remembering Christy Svanemyr October 3, 2013 | 1 comments
Leave a Reply