As my 28th birthday comes to a close, I can’t help but reflect on the past year. I experienced the deepest love, faced my greatest fears, and found accomplishments I never knew I could have.
Life feels like it’s happening to me, like I’m largely out of control. And perhaps I am, but I need to own it. My goal for age 28 is to truly be present in this life. To stop doubting my successes. To stop diminishing my worthiness. To just accept life as it is, as wholly my own, to revel in, to cherish, and to expand upon with each passing day.
I look around at my friends, my business, my possessions, and I ask, “Did I really create all this?” It doesn’t feel real, and it doesn’t feel like mine. But it is. This dream is really my reality.
What a gift. What a life. I am humbled by the greatness of it, and no longer in fear of what may be.
With love, to all of you who continually touch my soul,
- My 2011 Holiday Gift Guide of Pleasurable Experiences December 9, 2011 | 1 comments
- Speaking Up February 6, 2013 | 50 comments
- Four Years of Independence August 22, 2012 | 7 comments
- Today is my 1 year anniversary of going solo August 22, 2009 | 29 comments
- In 2008, You Changed Me January 3, 2009 | 7 comments