A few weeks ago Orian sent me a hilarious but sad cartoon on the all-too-familiar process of cumulative error and product dilution during a project life cycle: customer request -> finance -> engineering -> manufacturing -> marketing -> delivery. Not only do we fail to deliver on what was proposed, but what the customer said they wanted and what they actually wanted were two very different things.
The one panel that I think is missing from the cartoon is What the User Experience Designer Wireframed — wings.
There’s an awesome site called Project Cartoon that lets you create your own version of how projects really work.
Have fun playing around! Then go print a dozen copies of the cartoon and hand it out to everyone on your team. Whoever doesn’t get it is the weak link.
- Why I detest the term “Lean UX” February 27, 2011 | 25 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 4 August 26, 2009 | 5 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 12 August 3, 2010 | 0 comments
- SeamlessWeb Mobile Site: Easy to Use, But Impossible to Order August 22, 2009 | 6 comments
- Your profile has been viewed by
June 11, 2010 | 6 comments