After a lovely Father’s Day brunch, I hopped the train up to Boston for An Event Apart. I’ll be presenting a brand new talk tomorrow titled DIY UX: Give Your Users an Upgrade (without calling in a pro). You can read more about it in my previous blog post.
I gotta admit I’m pretty damn nervous, but I’m crossing my fingers that it doesn’t get in the way. The audience is going to be filled with designers and developers doing great work but who probably aren’t engaging in UX-like activities. I really hope the stories I have to tell will inspire people to become do-it-yourselfers — at least when it comes to creating awesome experiences!
My life’s passion is making stuff easier and more pleasurable to use, but I can’t do it alone…as much as I’d love to try. I need people to join me in the pursuit of user happiness.
If you’re at An Event Apart Boston and you see me from afar, please come over and introduce yourself! The best thing about conferences is all the great new people you get to meet.
And make sure you follow me @whitneyhess for golden nuggets from all of the sessions.
Eesh! Must force myself to sleep now.
- See you at An Event Apart Chicago October 10, 2009 | 2 comments
- An Event Apart Boston Schedule Now Online April 2, 2009 | 2 comments
- An Event Apart Minneapolis 2010 July 31, 2010 | 4 comments
- An Event Apart Boston was wicked good June 25, 2009 | 4 comments
- DIY UX at An Event Apart Chicago 2009 October 20, 2009 | 13 comments