You know how you share one set of grandparents with your first cousins? I’m sad to say that my grandparents have all passed on, but I’m still very lucky to still have one nonagenarian in my life — my first cousins’ other grandmother. Her name is Jill and ever since I was a little kid I’ve called her my “pseudo-grandma”. She’s a hoot, and a very independent woman even at 90 years old.
Recently I was at a family gathering at her apartment in Great Neck when I saw her cell phone sitting on the coffee table. It’s an old clamshell phone that my aunt and uncle must have bought for her five or six years ago. But the remarkable thing about it is what’s taped to the back: dialing instructions.
It turns out that one of my cousins wrote the instructions for her and taped them on phone after too much frustration from Grandma Jill that she didn’t know how to use the damn thing. Now if she could just find her glasses…
- Photo of the day: A man in need of an iPad June 11, 2010 | 3 comments
- Photo of the day: How do we call agent?? February 24, 2009 | 1 comments
- Photo of the day: Bottom loading instructions May 7, 2009 | 7 comments
- Photo of the day: Penn Station, Charging Station February 22, 2010 | 5 comments
- Photo of the day: Back in 30 minutes June 15, 2010 | 2 comments