Whitney has been working with Pace University for more than two years to address pressing challenges in their Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems.
In mid-2016, Whitney was engaged by incoming Dean Dr. Jonathan Hill to help achieve:
- A vision for the future of the Seidenberg School that is profound yet possible
- Improved relations amongst faculty and staff
- Improved collaboration between NYC and Pleasantville campuses
- Updated course curricula to match students’ expectations, desires and needs
- Improved employee experience across campuses
- Improved student experience across campuses
- Effective faculty and staff that further School’s objectives
- Overall improved organizational culture, as experienced internally and externally
We are currently in our fourth engagement. Our process has so far included:
- Discovery interviews with 40+ staff, faculty, students, alumni and senior administrators across the university
- Organizational culture report presented School-wide and privately to Board of Advisors
- Long-term 1-on-1 coaching with 16 senior leaders in the School including the Dean, Assistant Deans, Department Chairs, and Chief of Staff
- Facilitation of leadership team meetings and School-wide off-sites
- Restructuring of staff including promotions and role eliminations
- Faculty satisfaction survey
- Strategic roadmap of academic programming and curriculum overhaul
- Supporting the Dean in ongoing fundraising, repairing relationships with previously disengaged donors, resulting in new major gifts
- Planning and preparation for Dean’s reappointment (confirmed June 2018)
Next we will be working toward building more hands-on project experience for undergraduate students, and a leadership program to develop 21st century job skills.
Whitney has received glowing feedback from the Dean, senior staff and engaged faculty; the change is visible in the hallways, the quality of outputs, and accelerated progress.
Thank you to Dean Dr. Jonathan Hill, Chief of Staff Katie Todd, Assistant Deans, Department Chairs, and the entire faculty and staff of the Seidenberg School for allowing me to be a part of your wonderful community. — Whitney