So You’re Curious About Coaching
Many of you have been reaching out lately. The conversations we’re having have been wonderful, and I want more of them.
So I’ve put together a more formal way to help you learn everything you need to know about making a successful transition from Practitioner to Coach.
Lay of the Land
Join likeminded people curious about coaching in four 90-minute group sessions with me as your coach. Sessions are entirely via phone, and the discussion topics are decided by you! (I’ll come prepared with some ideas just in case.)
This program will help you:
- Learn how your skills transfer to Coaching
- See how the coaching process is the design process
- Navigate the coaching industry, its people, organizations, and associations
- Stay committed to coaching ethics
- Dispel the myths about coaching
- Gain awareness of the variety of roles and places you can coach in
- Go from designing products to designing orgs and helping people design themselves
- Witness change in your clients and in yourself
Topics we will likely cover:
- ICF membership and coaching credentials
- Certification / coaching training programs
- Coaching methodologies, frameworks, and assessments
- Design a coaching business: business models, audiences, private and/or orgs
- Types of coaches, internal vs. external
- ICF 11 Core Competencies
- ICF Code of Ethics
- Coaching vs. mentoring vs. training vs. therapy and other modalities
- Self-care as a coach
- Manager as coach
My Coaching Experience
After more than a decade in user experience, I transitioned from consultant to coach to make an even greater impact. In 2014, I became a Certified Integral Coach through New Ventures West, and in 2015, I was credentialed as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coach Federation.
Now more than four years into my practice, I have accrued more than 2000 coaching hours, coached more than 100 individuals (50+ with 6-12 month engagements), and 1 out of 3 of my clients re-engage.
I’m eager to share what I’m learning, and to support everyone I can who may want to move in this direction, too.
This program is meant for:
- Anyone who is confused about Coaching and its relationship to Design
- Anyone curious about building coaching skills or becoming a coach
- Leaders who wish to take more of a coach approach rather than be authoritarian
- 4 group sessions, every other week (90 minutes each)
- Kicks off in early November
- Schedule to be determined by participants (via Doodle)
- All sessions held on audio conference call (with international dial-in numbers)
- Calls recorded and shared with group, may be used publicly (no confidentiality)
- By application only ($35 fee) — I want to make sure it’s a good fit
THIS IS A NO-COST PROGRAM
My group rates typically start at $1500 pp
My private rates start at $7500 pp
Sign up to get notified about future plans for Lay of the Land.
I promise to only use your email for these correspondences.
Some final thoughts
To have the greatest reach and deepest impact, we cannot rely solely on our own capacity to design and produce. We have to learn how to empower others to do their best work.
Empowering others is what coaching is all about. Come experience it for yourself.