Interaction-design.org is a Denmark-based foundation that explores research on all human-centered aspects of technology. In an effort to create world-class educational materials for free, they have just launched an open-access, peer-reviewed encyclopedia. The first seven chapters were released today, with many more to be published in the coming months.
I was invited by editor-in-chief Mads Soegaard to write a commentary on Marc Hassenzahl’s encyclopedia entry on User Experience and Experience Design. The other commentaries were written by Don Norman and Eric Reiss.
A dictionary attempts to define the words of a language. An encyclopedia contains informational articles that explore a variety of subjects. Interaction-design.org’s encyclopedia does not purport to define the terms our practice, but rather to examine its purpose.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Marc’s article and the accompanying commentaries. Thank you.
- Follow-up to “You’re not a user experience designer if…” June 7, 2011 | 8 comments
- Empathy is the Core of Design Thinking February 26, 2013 | 2 comments
- UX Bookshelf July 19, 2008 | 11 comments
- MFA in Interaction Design at the School of Visual Arts in NYC December 6, 2008 | 3 comments
- 10 Most Common Misconceptions About User Experience Design — the presentation April 6, 2009 | 1 comments