Though I couldn’t announce it until recently, three weeks ago I was asked by the new Board of Directors — Jorge Arango, Peter Boersma, Christian Crumlish, Andrew Hinton, Livia Labate, Stacy Surla, and Russ Unger — to serve on the Board of Advisors alongside Paul Ford, Rick Johnston, Laura Lessa, Victor Lombardi, Matthew Milan, Andrea Resmini, and former directors Eric Reiss, Sarah Rice, and Donna Spencer.
It is quite an honor to be chosen among such distinguished practitioners who have made substantial impact on the field. I am proud to represent those of us still early on in our careers and I look forward to helping the IAI reach a new generation of information architects and usability professionals of all kinds.
I have also been asked to help reinvigorate the IAI’s volunteer program. As I learn more about what that will entail I’ll be sure to reach out to many of you for ideas and guidance.
Thank you to the Board of Directors. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to help the IAI grow in an official capacity. I know that together we can make big things happen.
I’ll keep you posted on what’s next.
- Congrats to the new IAI board members September 15, 2008 | 7 comments
- I have joined the UXnet board of directors February 4, 2009 | 3 comments
- I’m running for the 2008 Information Architecture Institute board of directors September 6, 2008 | 9 comments
- Old Guard Versus New Guard: An Interview by Tom Johnson June 2, 2010 | 1 comments
- IA Summit 2009: A functional family reunion March 29, 2009 | 2 comments