As the user experience designer on the project, I had the immense pleasure of working alongside visual designer Mike Pick, front-end developer Tim Murtaugh, project manager Robb Rice, and executive creative director Jeffrey Zeldman.
With an abbreviated timeline, the project didn’t call for extensive user research or usability testing, and I needed to be strategic about how to re-architect the immense amount of content (from the print magazine and online-only) that’s partially accessible to all visitors, partially accessible to print mag subscribers, and partly accessible to online subscribers.
- define the business and project goals
- identify the target audiences
- brainstorm the key use case scenarios
- prioritize features for the redesign.
I was able to gather a staggering amount of intel in a seriously condensed period of time that served me well throughout wireframe development.
The team at Scientific American and Nature Publishing Group were extremely generous with their time and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to collaborate with them.
- The UX Design Process for the Boxee Beta January 27, 2010 | 33 comments
- The Project of a Lifetime November 9, 2009 | 24 comments
- The User Experience Process for the Seamless iPad App February 25, 2013 | 11 comments
- Whit Hour – Week 18 October 11, 2010 | 1 comments
- Loosecubes and the future of work October 29, 2010 | 17 comments